Start Earning With Swagbucks. It's Simple and Easy.

Search & Win

Friday, April 17, 2009

Maybe it was the beautiful day... .



I broke my strict "no gum" rule for Crash and Princess. It was Friday, it was a gorgeous day,I was happy, the kids were behaving... . Yeah. I messed up.








So I let them all have a piece of gum. Goober does great with gum. He understands "keep it in your mouth or it goes in the trash"- no problem.





About half an hour after I let them have the gum, I'm standing at the stove making dinner. Goober comes tearing into the kitchen in a total panic yelling, "LOOK WHAT SHE DID!!!! She stuck gum in my hair!". He had practice in an hour. I grabbed his head and dragged him to the window so I could see better. She got him good, alright. He had a big wad smack on the top of his head, and it was strung across to two other spots on his head. I panicked and had visions of having to shave his head, or at least give him a severe buzz cut. I calmed down a little and grabbed the Sunbutter ( our version of peanut butter- tastier and doesn't carry salmonella ;) out of the fridge and smeared a huge glop of it on his head. I rubbed it in with my fingers and tried pulling some out. I got a huge "ow!!" out of Goober and a few hairs. Not much gum, though. I started to panic again and tried tweezing it out with my nails. I guess the oil in the Sunbutter had started to work because it began coming out easier. It really didn't take too long at all to get it out. I stuck him in the shower and lathered his hair up really well. We actually managed to get it all! I was feeling pretty triumphant when I walked into my bedroom and Crash goes, "I don't want my gum anymore, it's all stickyyyy". Whuuuut? Sure enough, he'd strung his gum all over the computer desk and onto the keyboard. Let's just say Goober made practice on time smelling cherry blossom fresh and Crash and Princess are doing time in their room until dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment